Tuesday, March 25, 2008

visit to a dentist!!!

I would now so like to write a typical 1st grade essay on a "Visit to a dentist"
Unfortunately it would not start and end on a cheery note like " my summer holidays" or describe very lovingly of someone you know like "our postman" essays.

All that comes to my mind is the Ogden Nash poem "This is going to hurt just a little bit" ohh how i dread that phrase now!! I can so relate to every every every single line in that poem ... specially the start "One thing I like less than most things is sitting in a dentist chair with my mouth wide open"

Well I sat for more than an hour and a half with my mouth wide open in the dentists chair today for a root canal treatment, all i can say is, again like Nash said when describing the vicious cycle ... the reason i keep harping on this poem is cos i recounted it several times during that hour and a half

while the doc kept drilling and her help kept suctioning out the water ... felt like some dirty machine being cleaned up with a drill a vacuum pump and some other god knows what instruments in my mouth.

well the root canal treatment definitely had its moments of pain .. but what hurt the most was the doc's hand on my head, somehow she thought that to be the most convenient landing space and that stretched my hair and hurt really ... initially tried to sit tight despite the pain, cos that was the hand of someone who was pricking many pins into my gums, so I thot , her comfort is most important to me, ill bear the pain for just a while, but that while stretched thn i nudged my head a nit, the hand was off for a couple of sec thn bck again, waited a longer while, now literally moved her hand, she now realised it was hurting, but fortunately or unfortunately she got engrossed in the work again and the hand was back!! so now im home with a bad neck ache after a tooth treatment ...

well it wasnt really a lot of pain involved, just the highest level of discomfort ... but its amazing how pepl boost your confidence levels before you go for a treatment , sentences are like " oh i had it done, man doe sit hurt when they drill through the roots and touch your nerve!!" " oh my sister wouldnt stop howling through out the treatment!" well ... I was as expected from the comments shivering while i sat in the chair, though im glad they were all proved wrong i cant help but wonder ... prolly someone asks me next id give a statement similar to the above too ... id rather they be hapy i was wrong thn beat me up if in case the doc was bad n it really hurt!

well came out feeling confused, cos the doc let me off saying " i think ill have to take the next appointment, we'll take up the rest tomm" n just stopped at tht .... well ... thot there'd be some diff between my marketing assignment tht cld be dropped any time you feel like a visit to the mess and some work happening in my gums, specially when it involved pricking with so may needles ...

2 comments:

IallTheway said...

I hope u feel better soon :)

Simba said...

:) root canal is fun re